Sedona Method Blog

Subscribe to Sedona Method RSS  Go to Blog Home

Can You Have Too Many Good Ideas?

September 22nd, 2014 by Hale Dwoskin

About 20 percent of Americans say they have no future life goals, according to a recent survey by SUCCESS Magazine, a position that will do them no favors when it comes to achieving success. This means that the majority of us — the other 80 percent — do, indeed, have life goals, but just having them can be a hurdle of its own.

If your mind is overflowing with too many good ideas, to the point that you rarely act on any of them, or when you do its only at a superficial level, then you are also putting your life in a holding pattern.

Whether they’re in business, the arts, personally or elsewhere, an untold number of people have countless great ideas but ironically experience great frustration because they never act on them or complete them.

How do you know if you fall into this category?

  • Your to-do list grows ever longer, but no items get crossed off the list
  • Friends and family are so used to hearing about your latest “great idea” that they hardly pay attention anymore
  • You have a handful of ideas that are just barely off the ground, but you can’t find time to devote to pursuing them further
  • Your list of goals is so long it’s hard to know where to begin
  • You spend a lot of time fantasizing about your good ideas, instead of acting on them

Many of us fail to pursue our ideas because we substitute fantasizing about them for actually doing them. Ask yourself, ‘Would I rather fantasize about my goal or would I rather have it?’

If you’d rather have it, then let go of your fantasies and also let go of any feelings inside of you that say you can’t or shouldn’t have it.

How to Start Acting on Your Good Ideas

If you spend a lot of time thinking about how great it will be once you carry out your good ideas, you are likely not noticing that there may be action required to achieve those ideas.

To get into action, use The Sedona Method to let go of your fantasy about your ideas and any negative feelings, like doubt or fear, that may come up.

As you let go, you’ll find that you feel more positive, have a better mental attitude, and take much more constructive action.

Once you get into action, several things will happen:

  • You may actually do something that will produce the desired result or make yourself available to discover what the right action may be
  • It will bring up all the thoughts and feelings that you have within you that are contrary to you achieving your goal so you can let them go with The Sedona Method
  • It will generate the energy and momentum needed to overcome whatever obstacles you discover
    both internally and externally that may be in your way
  • It sends a clear sign to the universe that you are serious about your intent, which primes the pump of creation

No matter how many good ideas you may have right now, choose one to focus on in the beginning. Remember your first step is to release your fantasies about your idea, along with any corresponding negative emotions. From there you’ll find you begin to take the correct actions that propel you toward your dream and dispel any doubts you once had.

Releasing is the key to manifesting your dreams. The more you release on your goals until you feel okay whether or not you create them, the more likely you are to follow through and make your dreams a
reality.

-Hale

Leave a Reply